Proud to Partner UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man!
Manx TurnEd - Quality Woodturning by Island Craftsman is very pleased to announce that it is newly partnered with this important Island organisation.
“UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man is a high profile project which represents a world first for the Isle of Man. We have been awarded UNESCO status as a world biosphere region – the first entire country in the world to gain this prestigious accolade. World biosphere regions, or reserves, are areas across the globe that have been endorsed by UNESCO as outstanding places for nature and for people – places where there is a healthy balance between the two. There are currently 669 biosphere regions in 120 countries worldwide.” (taken from UNESCO Biosphere documentation)
ABOUT UNESCO BIOSPHERE ISLE OF MAN
Our status reflects that we are a special place for people and nature. As a partner, Manx TurnEd pledges to support through:
• Protectlng our natural resources
• Developing our economy in a sustainable way
• Supporting and promoting our cultural heritage
• Making our environmental impact positive
• Engaging with the local community
• Promoting our outstanding living landscape and seascape through active involvement with UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man.
Ed & Cathy at Manx TurnEd are very excited to begin our journey with UNESCO Biosphere Isle of Man, and we hope to share our experiences and journey with you.